- Spring cleaning! Aircheck yourself this week and answer these questions:
- 1. Who is your show actually trying to reach? Is that original target person the one that you are actually reaching? What results are you getting that seem to be a little different than what you are targeting?
2. How does your target listener use your show when you are on the air? (Is that person driving to work? Sitting in a cube at the office? Is she listening primarily in the car? Primarily at home? Or primarily in the office? Is your target listener using your as background music? As a reconnect with God after a long day? As worship? As an information source? As entertainment?
3. When your listener pushes the button on her stereo for your radio station, what does she expect to feel? (Is your show delivering that intangible the way that your other team members deliver it?)
4. What role does hope and encouragement play in your show today?
5. What is your show known for? Does your show have a competitive advantage? What do your listeners feel when they plug in with your show for multiple days in a row?
6. What strengths does your show bring to your radio station?
7. How long does your average listener actually listen per day to your show? (Think about how your content connects or misses the mark in that setting)
8. What’s the best story you’ve told on your show this week?
9. What are three opportunities in your local market that your show can step up and serve in? How does your show demonstrate service?
10. Is there anything that your show can be #1 at? Is there anything in your market that you can do better than any other personality?